Simon Charbit is highly experienced in mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures and private equity transactions in France and abroad.
In addition to his M&A skills, Simon has a strong corporate background advising listed and non-listed companies, and a thorough knowledge of global market practices, most notably in the infrastructure field.
- Advising Michelin in connection with the formation of a joint venture supported by Michelin between Antin Infrastructure Partners and Enviro Systems to create the world’s first large scale tyre recycling group.
- Advising Michelin in connection with the investment of Credit Agricole Lease & Factoring in the share capital of Watea, a subsidiary of Michelin offering tailor-made electric mobility solutions for professional vehicle fleets.
- Advising Eagle Football Holdings LLC in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Olympique Lyonnais Groupe from Holnest, Pathe and IDG Capital.
- Advising G. Network, a fast-growing full fibre local access broadband connectivity provider focused on London, in connection with the equity aspects of a GBP1bn fundraise.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure and Partners Group in connection with the sale of Covage to a consortium composed by Altice, AXA, Allianz and Omers for a consideration in excess of EUR1bn.
- Advising the Asmodée group in connection with the acquisition of the VR Distribution and VR Distribution (UK) Limited.
- Advising the Courtin (Clarins) family in connection with their investments in Pai Skincare.
- Advising Compagnie Financière Michelin SCmA in connection with the sale of Livebookings Holdings to Tripadvisor group as part of a strategic partnership between the two groups.
- Advising Michelin in its acquisition of Allopneus, the largest independent online resaler of tyres in France.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure Fund II in connection with its investment in dst telecomunicações, a leading open-access FttH network owner and operator.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure Fund in connection with the disposition of all of its renewable power generation business in Spain and Portugal through the sale of Cube Hydro Power to a consortium led by White Summit Capital.
- University of Pennsylvania law school, LL.M., (2000)
- University of René Descartes Paris V, Post Graduate Degree in European business law, (1998)
- University of Paris X Nanterre, Master's degree in corporate law, (1996)
IEP de Strasbourg , Bachelor's Degree, (1994)
- Legal 500 - Private Equity: LBO - Tier 3 - 2023
- International Private Equity (IPEM), Cannes, France, September 2022
My latest insights
DLA Piper Represented XTC Europe on its joint venture projects with French SOE Orano
18 May 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Eagle Football on acquisition of controlling stake in Olympique Lyonnais
21 December 2022 .7 minute read