Andreas Füchsel LL.M.Partner
Excellent legal knowledge and commercial understanding.
Andreas Füchsel focuses on private equity, venture capital, M&A, capital markets as well as special situation advisory.
He has extensive experience with public company transactions (including SPAC transactions), LBOs, corporate governance, securities law and cross-border M&A. Andreas has been engaged in many contested matters and advised on some of the most high-profile activist campaigns in Germany.
Andreas heads the German Corporate group of DLA Piper.
- Advising the listed German umbilical cord blood bank Vita 34 AG on its public exchange offer for all shares of its competitor Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych.
- Advising gaming platform Aonic AB on its acquisition of AddApptr Group, a leading and fast-growing mobile ad tech company.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital as a co-investor of The Carlyle Group in the public acquisition of the railroad technology company Schaltbau AG.
- Advising EQT Ventures on multiple investments, including Anydesk, Wonder, philandro, GRITSpot, Home HAT, Origin.bio, Linearity, Formo, Timeless, voilà and Superlist.
- Advising iC Consult Group, a portfolio company of the Carlyle Europe Technology Partners IV Fund, on the acquisition of U.S. companies IC Synergy and SecureITSource.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital on the mandatory offer for Vita 34 AG.
- Advising The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of digital agency Dept.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital on takeover offer for technology holding exceet Group SE.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital on the acquisition of industrial brake manufacturer Pintsch Bubenzer.
- Advising Active Ownership Capital on the minority investment in the pharmaceutical company STADA Arzneimittel AG.
- Advising The Carlyle Group on the sale of HR software developer P&I AG to Hg Capital.
- Advising international financial investors on the restructuring of Treveria Immobiliengruppe (formerly Dawnay Day Treveria).
- Advising The Carlyle Group on the public takeover and taking private of financial information service provider vwd Group.
- Advising The Carlyle Group on the public takeover and taking private of HR software developer P&I AG.
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., 2001
- Higher Regional Court of Bamberg, Second State Examination, 2000
- University of Bayreuth, First State Examination, 1998
Awards & Recognitions
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for corporate law, M&A, venture capital and private equity transactions (mid cap); “excellent legal knowledge and commercial understanding”, client (2021/2022)
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for private equity: transactions
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for private equity
- Abuse of Rights in Supervisory Board Elections, New Journal of Corporate Law (Rechtsmissbräuchliche Gestaltung von Aufsichtsratswahlen, Neue Zeitschrift für Gesellschaftsrecht)
- The New German Bond Restructuring Act, Financier Worldwide
- The New German Voting Right Disclosure Rules, Financier Worldwide
Prior to joining DLA Piper in May 2017 Andreas practiced as a lawyer for well-known national and international law firms in Frankfurt/Main. In 2005, he worked on a nine-month client secondment in the Investment Banking Division of Citigroup Frankfurt.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises EQT Ventures on Series A financing round in AI-company Parloa
4 April 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises EQT Ventures on Series A Financing round in European SpaceTech Company...
7 February 2023 .2 minute read