Chair, New York Finance Practice Group
Subgroup Leader, Leveraged Finance
Jamie Knox is a finance lawyer with two decades of experience representing borrowers and lenders in the structuring of corporate finance transactions. Jamie’s finance practice encompasses the full range of corporate finance alternatives for both investment-grade and below-investment-grade borrowers.
His focus includes acquisition financing, syndicated, club and single-lender credit facilities, high yield and investment grade bond offerings, asset-based financings, mezzanine financings, debtor-in-possession financings and debt private placements.
In his corporate practice, Jamie has represented NYSE-listed public companies on an ongoing basis, providing advice on acquisitions, securities offerings, corporate governance, disclosure and securities regulations. His clients have included many of the largest debt funds, investment banks, public and private companies, private equity funds and hedge funds. He has worked with companies in many industries, among them consumer products, REITs, health care and life sciences, technology and industrial chemicals.
Jamie is chair of the Leveraged Finance subgroup in the Finance Practice group and a member of the firm’s Policy Committee, Compensation Committee and Partner Nominating Committee.
Jamie's transactional experience includes:
- Syndicated leveraged loan financings
- Secured and unsecured high-yield debt offerings
- Investment grade debt offerings
- Debtor-in-possession financings
- Asset-based financings
- Mezzanine financings
- Bridge loan financings
- Debt private placements
- Debt tender and exchange offers and consent solicitations
- Acquisitions of public and private companies
- Initial public offerings on the NYSE and Nasdaq
- Private equity fund formations
- J.D., Harvard Law School 2002
- A.B., Harvard College 1997
The Legal 500 United States
- 2020 - Recommended, Capital Markets Equity Offerings – Advice to Managers
- The Legal 500 comments, "New York-based finance practice chair Jamie Knox is also noted for his experience in IPOs."
- 2020 - Recommended, Commercial Lending – Advice to Lenders
- The Legal 500 comments, "In New York, partners such as East Coast chair Jamie Knox is also noted for this advice representing borrowers."
- 2019 - Recommended, Capital Markets Equity Offerings – Advice to Managers
- 2016-19 - Recommended, Commercial Lending – Advice to Lenders
- 2012-13, 2015-19 - Recommended, Capital Markets Debt Offerings – Advice to Issuers
- Moderator, "The Graduate: How private equity sponsors find value amid extreme competition," 6th Annual Thomson Reuters LPC Middle Market Loans Conference, New York (April 25, 2018)
- Moderator, "The Private Equity Perspective: The Outlook for Deal Opportunities in 2017 and Beyond," 5th Annual Thomson Reuters LPC Middle Market Loans Conference, New York (April 27, 2017)
- Moderator, "The Private Equity Perspective: The Outlook for Deal Opportunities in 2016 and Beyond," 4th Annual Thomson Reuters LPC Middle Market Loans Conference, New York (April 27, 2016)
- Panelist, "Funding Alternatives for Mid-Market Companies," Debtwire Mid-Market Financing Forum, Chicago (June 4, 2015)
- Panelist, "Trends in Leveraged Finance," Debtwire Leveraged Finance Roundtable, New York (July 11, 2013)
- Panelist, "Covenant-Lite Loans: Leveraged Lending in the Syndicated Loan Market," Strafford Publications Webinar (May 30, 2013)
- Panelist, "Trends in Leveraged Finance," Debtwire Leveraged Finance Roundtable, New York (June 14, 2012)
- Panelist, "Covenant-Lite Loans: Emerging Trend in the Syndicated Loan Market," Strafford Publications Webinar (May 16, 2012)
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises STORE Capital on its definitive agreement to be acquired by GIC and Oak...
15 September 2022 .2 minute read