Managing Partner, Short Hills office, Atlantic City office
Emilio Ragosa counsels clients on securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and venture capital transactions.
His practice focuses on clients within the life sciences and technology industries.
Emilio's clients include private and public companies, as well as venture capital firms, private equity firms, family offices and underwriters.
His experience makes him uniquely capable of advising clients from formation through capital raising until a sale or IPO.
Emilio also serves as the Managing Partner for DLA’s New Jersey offices.
- IPOs for several biotech companies, as well as many underwritten follow-on public offerings
- Several biotech companies with their recent PIPE deals, RDOs, ATM and equity-line offerings
- Several multinational pharma companies in connection with their strategic investments in US public companies
- A medical device company in a reverse merger, now commonly referred to as an alternative public offering
- Several funds in PIPEs and RDOs
- Underwriters in a specialty pharma IPO
Mergers and Acquisitions
- A private biotech company in its sale to a large pharma company for up to US$7 billion
- Combination of a public biotech company client with private biotech and subsequent up-listing on stock exchange
- An Italian specialty pharma company with its acquisition of a US public specialty pharma company
- A public biotech company in its sale to strategic buyer
- A public company in its sale to private equity firm
- A public clinical research organization in several private acquisitions of e-clinical companies
- A public clinical research organization in a public tender offer of a public EDC company
- Multiple private tech and biotech companies in their critical sale transactions
- Private tech and biotech companies with their successful angel and venture financings
- Venture capital firms and other funds with their investments in tech and biotech companies
- Pension funds with investments in private companies
- B.S., Rutgers University
- J.D., Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law, Newark
- Selected as Winning Deal Team – Cross-border Turnaround Deal of the Year, Global M&A Network (2021)
- Life Sciences Star: Finance and Transactional, LMG Life Sciences Guide (2016-2017)
- Chambers USA
- Band 3, New Jersey Corporate/M&A (2019-2022)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, M&A Middle-Market ($500M-999M) (2019)
- Recommended, Venture Capital & Emerging Companies (2018-2019)
- 40 Under 40, New Jersey Law Journal (2010)
For more information, pursuant to New Jersey Lawyer Advertising guidance, please click here.
- "SEC Crowdfunding Rule Summary," LawFlash November 6, 2015
- "BioNJ Virtual C-Suite SummitTransitioning to the 'Next Normal': Biopharma’s Role in Addressing the COVID-19 Crisis and What’s Next," October 14, 2021
- "NYVCA FinTech Rising Summit 2017," October 11, 2017
- "NACD Princeton Chapter Presentation – An Activist Director: Good or Bad for Your Board?," April 21, 2016
- "The Generational Disruption of Corporate America," NACD New Jersey Chapter, October 21, 2015
Memberships And Affiliations
- Capital Markets Editorial Advisory Board, Law360, Member (2017)
- NJ Tech Council Board, Member
- New York Venture Capital Association Board, Member
- Order of the Coif, Member
- Phi Beta Kappa, Member
My latest insights
Advising the advisor: Tips for navigating the life sciences and regulatory environment
18 April 2022 .1 minute read