Brooke GoodlettOf Counsel
Brooke Goodlett advises public and private technology and life sciences companies in corporate and securities law matters. Her practice focuses on general corporate governance, sustainability. environmental, social and governance (ESG), SEC compliance and disclosure, and board diversity and inclusion. Brooke leads our corporate legal data analytics team, which provides peer and industry benchmarking services, bespoke data collection and data visualizations related to sustainability, environmental and social practices, governance practices, deal terms and other corporate matters. She also partners with the University of Texas Global Sustainability Leadership Institute to study sector-specific ESG issues.
Brooke is a member of the Texas Pro Bono College and provides pro bono legal aid to veterans and veteran-owned businesses and organizations promoting economic growth and empowerment.
Brooke has represented:
- Numerous public and privately-held technology companies (from start-up to publicly-traded) in general corporate advices, board and governance matters and SEC and investor disclosure matters
- Several publicly-traded companies regarding ESG-related governance practices, policies and public disclosure, ESG benchmarking, and responding to investor ESG priorities in an effort to align the company’s practices with the requirements of institutional investors and to improve the company’s ESG rankings with various ratings providers
- Numerous privately-held technology companies in private capital-raising transactions, including seed, Regulation CF, venture and private equity raises
- Numerous privately-held technology and life sciences companies in their sales to strategic buyers and acquisitions of privately-held strategic targets
- Public companies and underwriters in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions
- Private equity and venture capital firms in a variety of investment transactions
- A European technology "unicorn" in a multimillion-dollar acqui-hire of US employees
- J.D., University of Texas 2010
- B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, Tulane University 2005
magna cum laude
- Texas Super Lawyer Rising Star, Texas Super Lawyers Magazine (2019–2022)
- Co-Author, “ESG: the rise of private ordering and the role of the NCGC Committee,” DLA Piper's handbook, March 26, 2020