Mandy Chan-Lucero focuses on representing multinational corporations in all aspects of antitrust and competition law, including criminal grand jury investigations, civil investigations, private litigation, merger and acquisition clearance, and compliance counseling. She also has experience representing clients in civil litigation matters involving state and federal consumer protection law claims. Mandy has represented a diverse set of clients in the software, computer hardware, pharmaceutical, chemical, automotive, gaming, and media industries.
Mandy also has an active white collar practice. She has successfully represented clients before the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities Exchange Commission, and various state enforcement authorities on matters related to alleged bribery under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), accounting and securities fraud, and other civil and criminal matters.
Mandy is the Co-Chair of the US Chapter of Iris, DLA Piper’s LGBTQ Resource Group, Vice Chair of the San Francisco Chapter of the Leadership Alliance for Women (LAW), DLA Piper’s Women’s Resource Group, and Co-Chair of the San Francisco Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- J.D., Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
- B.A., San Francisco State University
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in antitrust litigation in 2023
- Representing prisoners in COVID-19 compassionate release requests
- Represented a religious non-profit in breach of contract dispute
- Represented a domestic violence victim in application for U-Visa status
- Represented a federal prisoner in petition for clemency
- Represented the San Francisco Posts of the American Legion in a charitable trust dispute
- Co-wrote a comparative analysis paper on transitional justice measures in the Middle Eastern and North African region for the Public International Law & Policy Group, a non-profit organization that provides legal assistance to states and governments involved in peace negotiations, advises states on drafting post-conflict constitutes, and assists in prosecuting war criminals
- Served as a board member for Beyond the Block, an educational non-profit that helps at-risk youth
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises MKS Instruments on USD4.4 bn acquisition of Atotech
28 September 2022 .2 minute read
Out with the new, in with the old: FCPA enforcement under the Biden Administration
4 April 2021 .28 minute read