Marine Lallemand has over 15 years' experience assisting clients handling complex crises and sensitive disputes, whether corporate, commercial or financial.
With a substantial track record advising private equity funds, financial institutions and multinational corporate, Marine has developed a particular know-how on complex commercial and financial disputes, contentious corporate matters such as shareholders’ and post-acquisition litigation, insolvency and distressed M&A disputes.
Ranked “Up and Coming” by Chambers, clients describe her as “proficient, effective and very responsive” and praise her for her direct approach and capacity for succinct analysis.
She also assists clients in complex international commercial disputes involving multiple jurisdictions and additionally advises on financial services litigation and white-collar crime issues.
Marine provides strategic advice, in pre-litigation or litigation phases, and represents clients before French courts and regulators. She also offers notable expertise in domestic and international arbitration and alternative means to solve conflicts outside of the courtroom (ADR).
- Advising a listed company in multiple proceedings brought by more than 150 former minority shareholders before French courts in compensation for the damage caused by the dismissal of false information on the market (and monitoring of the proceedings before the regulator (AMF) and the criminal courts).*
- Advising Private Equity firms in their disputes with former executives and shareholders.
- Advising executives and minority shareholders against majority shareholders and investment funds in connection with the sale or acquisition of the company or governance matters.
- Advising a telecom operator in various complex commercial disputes against the leading telecom operation.*
- Advising major African financial institutions against an Austrian bank in the Madoff case.
- Advising investment funds and private equity firms in insolvency related disputes (claim against safeguard plans, liability claims for shortfall of assets, etc.).*
- Advising court-appointed administrators and liquidators of listed and unlisted companies in various commercial disputes or corporate related matters (shareholders disputes, governance issues, etc.) in the context of insolvency proceedings.*
- Advising a creditor and a court-appointed liquidator in an insolvency procedure against several former executives.
- Advising shareholders and creditors of a listed company placed under protection in connection with the challenge of the latter's safeguard plan by other creditors.*
- Advising a receiver of a listed company in receivership in connection with the numerous disputes initiated by executives, shareholders and activists relating to the restructuring of the company and the adoption of its recovery plan.*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm.
- HEC/ESCP Europe Business School, International law and management, Master’s Degree, 2001
- University Paris V - René Descartes, Private Law, Post Graduate Degree, 2000
- University Paris 2 - Pantheon-Assas, Private Law, Master’s Degree, 1999
- Chambers Europe – Litigation – Band 5 – 2023
- Best Lawyers - Litigation - 2021-22
- Legal 500 - Dispute Resolution: commercial litigation - Tier 3 – Leading Individual - 2022
- Article "COVID-19 et les opérations de M&A", Les Echos Executives, April 2020, Option Droit & Affaires (ODA), April 2021
- Blog post "COVID-19 Litigation and Regulatory Q&A: France", DLA Piper Insights, May 2020
- Blog post "Force Majeure Certificates in a global context: What are they and what is their effect?", DLA Piper Insights, April 2020
- Blog post "Epidémie de coronavirus COVID-19, force majeure et bonne foi contractuelle", DLA Piper Insights, April 2020
- Blog post "COVID-19 The Governmental Response in France", DLA Piper Insights, April 2020
- Article "COVID-19 - La sanction de l'inexécution contractuelle dans le droit de l'état d'urgence sanitaire: Focus sur l'article 4 de l'ordonnance n°2020-306 du 25 mars 2020 modifiée", Les Echos Executives, April 2020
- Interview "Que peut-on dire de l’impact de « l’obligation d’information » liée à la réforme du droit des contrats de 2016?" Marine Lallemand, Youtube, November 2019
- Interview "Post-acquisition dispute resolution challenges”, Financier Worldwide Magazine, cover story, September 2018
- Seminar: “Plus de parité pour mieux innover” – March 2020
- Fair: International Private Equity (IPEM), Cannes, France, January 2019, 2020
- Conference: M&A Conference DLA Piper: October 2019
- Prior to DLA Piper, Marine Lallemand has worked in several international law firms.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Avocat registered with the Ordre des Avocats à la cour de Paris