Tracey has extensive experience of advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other advisory and corporate matters across a range of industries and around the globe. She has a deep understanding of the energy sector and energy transition M&A and has recently led on a number of globally significant energy transactions.
Tracey has over 25 years’ experience of advising on cross border mergers and acquisitions and significant development projects and prior to joining DLA Piper in May 2019 spent eight years as a partner at a leading international law firm where she was co-head of its Global Oil and Gas Group.
Tracey has been recommended by Legal 500 for particularly complex transactions in the oil and gas sector and is experienced in the effective implementation of transactions within often complex contractual and regulatory frameworks.
Tracey’s experience includes advising:
- Shell on its acquisition of Daystar Power, Shell’s first power sector acquisition in Africa. Daystar Power operates in West Africa and provides solar power and battery solutions to business and industry. Our team was led by our London team and included our teams in Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal and Mauritius.
- Valeura Energy Inc (TSX listed) on (1) its acquisition of KrisEnergy International (Thailand) Holdings Ltd and (2) the agreement to acquire the Thailand upstream oil producing portfolio of Mubadala Energy.
- A consortium led by Energy Infrastructure Partners in respect of the largest on-shore wind park development in Europe (1 GW, located at Fosen in Mid-Norway in a joint venture with Statkraft).
- Shell on the sale of its downstream businesses (excluding Aviation) in Australia to Vitol (USD2.6bn).
- Baker Hughes on its acquisition of ARMS Reliability, a leading global provider of reliability solutions to some of the world’s largest industrial companies across a wide range of industries including oil and gas.
- Philip Morris International Inc on its recommended cash offer for Swedish Match (USD16bn).
- Globant (NYSE), a digitally native technology services company, on its acquisition of CloudShift, a leading Salesforce partner in the UK specializing in multi cloud digital transformation.
- College of Law, Chester, 1991-92
- The University of Sheffield, 1988-91
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Shell on its first power sector acquisition in Africa
22 December 2022 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises Philip Morris International Inc. on the completion of its US$16 billion...
14 November 2022 .3 minute read