Martin Lavesen advises on all aspects of commercial law focusing particularly on company law and contracts. He has knowledge of and experience in advising private as well as public players on commercialisation, partnerships, corporate structures and private placements.
Martin has, for a number of years, been a regular external legal advisor to Danish regions and higher-education institutions in relation to technology transfers etc and he acts for a number of technology-based enterprises – ranging from start-ups to small and medium-sized enterprises to large industrial enterprises within various segments.
Martin is a frequent mediator and arbitrator. He is also an experienced advocate and has appeared before the Danish Supreme Court as well as before various boards and tribunals in cases centring on intellectual property law. He frequently lectures at conferences and courses and lectured at the junior-lawyer programme for a number of years. He is the author of several books and articles.
- Harvard University, Diploma in Law Firm Management, 2013
- The Danish Bar and Law Society, Certified Board Member, 2013
- The Danish Bar and Law Society, Certified Arbitrator, 2009
CBS, HD Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Organisation and Management), 2006
The Danish Bar and Law Society, Certified Mediator, 2004
University of Copenhagen, Master of Law, 1994
Studies at University of British Columbia, 1993
Studies at Cambridge University, 1992
- Editor, "Intellectual Property Contracts" (published in Danish only), Gjellerup, 2013
- Co-author, "Legal ethics – the law and its framework" (published in Danish only), 2nd edition, The Danish Bar and Law Society, 2012
- Co-author, "Code of Conduct – Annotated Code of Conduct for Lawyers" (published in Danish only), The Danish Bar and Law Society, 2011
- Co-author, "An employee representative’s manual" (published in Danish only), 2nd edition, Erhvervsskolernes Forlag, 2011
- Co-author, "Mediation – the law and its framework" (published in Danish only), Thomson, 2006
- Co-author, "Renvoi" (published in Danish only), The Danish weekly law reports, No 50, 2001
- Co-author, "Consolidation of registration fees for assignment of charges" (published in Danish only), The Danish weekly law reports, 1997
Martin's experience is not restricted to his activities as a Danish lawyer and, for a period of time, he was CEO of Exiqon, a biotech company, and he holds and has held executive positions with innovation-based enterprises. In addition, he has an international outlook, which has provided relevant experience and contacts, including as a lawyer with Loche Lord in Boston.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Danish Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (DVCA), 2009
- The International Bar Association, 2008
- The Danish Association for Company Law, 2006
- Licensing Executives Society, 2003
- The BiotechBuilders network, 2003
- Youth For Understanding, 1985