Graham Norris practises corporate and securities law. He represents private and public companies in all aspects of corporate and commercial activity, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and corporate finance.
Graham has extensive experience acting for both underwriters and issuers in public and private offerings of equity and debt securities, including start-up and early-stage companies. He also advises boards, special committees and management on corporate governance, securities compliance and disclosure matters.
- Advising a consortium of private Canadian companies in their acquisition of a private US industrial services company and related debt financings;
- Advising a public international oil and gas company in its private offering of debt securities;
- Advising a private company in its divestiture of its logistics business to a public company;
- Advising the dealers in the initial public offering of equity securities of an international oil and gas company;
- Advising a private apparel company on its recapitalization involving a private equity firm;
- Advising a dealer in the private placement of equity securities of a private technology company;
- Advising a global private markets investment management firm in its acquisition of a public fibre optic communications infrastructure company;
- Advising a public company in its merger by way of plan of arrangement with another public company;
- Advising a private US-based international telecommunications technology company in relation to its offer to purchase the broadcast products business of a Canadian public company; and
- Advising a private construction company on a strategic investment by a private equity firm.
- LL.B., University of Victoria, 2009
- B.Comm., (with distinction), University of Victoria, 2005
- Two years' field experience in the oil and gas well service industry in northern British Columbia and Alberta
- Ten years' experience as an Initial Heli-Attack Forest Firefighter with the Government of British Columbia
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association - Alberta Branch, Securities Law and Business Law subsections
My latest insights
DLA Piper Canada acted for the underwriters in $75 million bought deal offering for...
15 June 2022 .1 minute read
DLA Piper (Canada) LLP acted on $150 million initial public offering and TSX listing for...
25 August 2021 .2 minute read